When is the Best Time To Purchase a Pool?
Lots of people ask themselves “when is the best time to purchase a pool?” once they’ve started thinking about the process. Our answer to this question is: now. Now is always the best time to purchase a pool if you really want one, because the sooner you set the wheels in motion, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy your new pool. Every minute you delay extends the time you don’t have a luxury swimming pool on your property.
With that said, we know people like to consider this question in terms of the changing seasons. There are always pros and cons to building a pool in each of the seasons, so to give you an overview of this, we’ve created a handy guide to each of the seasons below.
Everyone looks forward to spring, with brighter days and blooming flowers. It’s also a popular time for people to start thinking about building a pool, so here are the pros and cons of building a pool in spring:
- The weather starts to get a little better at this time of year, making it easier to build
- If you have your pool constructed and finished in spring, it will likely be ready to use in the summer
- Rainy periods in spring could hamper progress slightly
- Pool builders start to get busy around this time, so you may struggle to enlist a pool builder to start right away
Blue skies, summer sun, and glorious heat – there’s no better time to enjoy a pool in your backyard. But before you take the plunge, here are the pros and cons for building a pool in summer to consider:
- A pool is always great in summer, but you’ll have to be booked in early to enjoy it
- You might not get to use your pool in summer and your backyard might be out of action while it gets built
Fall always feels like a cozy month, so you might not be thinking about a pool at this point, but here are the pros and cons for building a pool in the fall:
- Landscaping is easier in the fall since it’s the best time to plant and the ground is easier to work with
- Pool builders might have space in their diary to accommodate a pool build at this point
- Depending on the weather you may end up waiting until spring to start properly using your pool (but this means more time to spruce things up!)
Pools in winter? Few people associate this time of year with being outdoors, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get the process started. Here are the pros and cons of building a pool in winter:
- Pool builders will likely have space in their diary to book you in
- Your pool will then be ready for spring so that you can get full use of it
- A lot depends on the weather, with storms usually creating delays
So there you have it. There are always pros and cons to different seasons, but what’s important is that you’ve decided you want a pool in your backyard, so start now! The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll have your pool ready – if you keep putting it off, waiting for the “right” time, it’ll never happen. The right time is now.
At Morehead Pools, we can help you create the ultimate outdoor living space. We’re luxury pool builders for Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas of Louisiana and we’re ready to book you in to get the process started. As members of the Master Pools Guild, we provide superior levels of craftsmanship and service, making our clients’ dreams come true regardless of their chosen pool style or size.
The sooner you call us, the sooner we can kick things off and get your pool build scheduled. Whether you’re reading this in spring, summer, fall, or winter, contact us today about your plans — don’t delay!